I defended my Ph.D. thesis research in Dept. of Mechanical Engg., Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), Pittsburgh, PA in Aug 2012 and currently I am a post-doctoral fellow in ICES at The University of Texas, Austin, TX. My research blends computational mechanics and computational geometry for in vivo biomodeling using segmented medical images.
Post Doctoral Research:
Here I am working with Dr. Michael Sacks at the Center for Cardiovascular Simulation on cardiac simulation project in collaboration with Medtronic. Computational biomechanical assessement of complex cardiac motion and stresses are targetted to arrive at a framework for patient-specific analysis and medical device prototyping using advanced constitutive modeling.
Aim is to explore geometrical, constitutive, and in vivo characterization of biomechanics toward *individualized* prediction of risk of rupture in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA). The framework is developed for solid, fluid, and Fluid-Structure-Interaction (FSI) simulation with capability of implementing regionally variable vessel wall thickness. This generalized framework can be extended for applications to vascular biomechanics in general. Accuracy of the 3D reconstruction from volume data and effect of Laplace and Taubin smoothing algorithms on surface mesh is also explored.
Doctoral Thesis Advisor : Prof. Ender Finol
Lab : Vascular Biomechanics and Biofluids Laboratory.
· Raut S.S., Jana A., Finol E. A., “A framework for multi-domain volume meshing for FSI analysis of vasculatures: Application to Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm”, Annals of Biomedical Engineering (in preparation).
· Raut, S. S., Jana, A., DeOliveira, V., Finol, E. A., 2012, "Shape Influence More Important than Material Influence in Size and Thickness Controlled Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Biomechanics Study," Journal of Biomedical Engineering, (in preparation).
· Raut, S. S., Jana, A., DeOliveira, V., Finol, E. A., 2012, “Assessment of the effect of regional variations in wall thickness on the AAA wall mechanics," Annals of Biomedical Engineering, (in preparation).
· Liu P., Raut S.S., Jana A., Finol E.A., “A Volume Meshing Strategy for Patient Specific Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms”, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, (in preparation).
· Chandra S., Raut S.S., Jana A., Biederman R., Doyle M., Muluk S., Finol E.A., “Fluid Structure Interaction Modeling of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms: the impact of patient specific inflow conditions and fluid/solid coupling”, Journal of Biomedical Engineering (accepted).
· Raut S.S., Chandra S., Shum J., Washington C., Muluk S., Rodriguez J., Finol E.A., “Biological, Geometric and Biomechanical Factors Influencing Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Rupture Risk: a Comprehensive Review”, Recent Patents In Medical Imaging (accepted).
· Chandra S., Raut S.S., Jana A., Muluk S.C., and Finol E.A., 2012 “On the Fluid-Structure Coupling in FSI Modeling of Patient Specific Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms”, Proceedings of the 2012 Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Fall Meeting, Atlanta, GA, October 24-27 (submitted).
· Raut S.S., Chandra S., Shum J., Liu P., Jana A., Di Matrino, E.S., Doehring T., Finol E.A., 2011, “A Comprehensive Tool for Patient-Specific AAA Geometry and Biomechanics Assessment”, Proceedings of the 2012 ASME Summer Bioengineering Conference, abstract SBC2012-80397, Fajardo, PR, June 20-23 (accepted).
· Raut S.S., Shum J., Chandra S., Jana A., Liu P., Lee K., Di Martino E.S., Doehring T.C., Finol E.A., 2011, “AAAVASC: A novel Integrated Approach for Image Based Modeling Toward Individualized AAA Rupture Risk Assessment”, Proceedings of the 2011 Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Fall Meeting, Hartford, CT, October 12-15.
· Raut S.S., J. Shum, A. Jana, S. Chandra, P. Liu, K. Lee, T.C. Doehring, E.S. Di Martino, E.A. Finol, 2011 “AAAVASC: A Computational Tool for AAA Rupture Risk Assessment”, ERDC-ICES 25th Anniversary, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh. April 2011.
· Raut S.S., Liu P., Jana A. and Finol E.A., 2011, “Aortic Wall Mechanics: A Geometry-Driven Problem”, Proceedings of the 2011 ASME Summer Bioengineering Conference, abstract SBC2011-53917, Farmington, PA, June 22-25.
· Raut S.S., Jana A. and Finol E.A., 2011, “Effects of intra- and inter-patient shape variations on AAA wall mechanics”, Proceedings of the 2011 Sixth M.I.T. Conference on Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics, at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139 U.S.A., June 15-17.
· Chandra S., Raut S.S., Malve M., Scotti C.M., and Finol E.A., 2009, “Phase contrast MRI derived boundary conditions for patient specific AAA fluid flow modeling,” Proceedings of the 2009 ASME Summer Bioengineering Conference, abstract SBC2009-206603, Lake Tahoe, CA, June 17-21.
· Raut S.S., Chandra S., Jana A., Muluk S.C., and Finol E.A., 2009 “The effect of local infrarenal flow conditions on intra-aneurysmal flow dynamics”, Proceedings of the 2009 Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Fall Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA, October 7-10.
|Last updated: 12th Mar. 2013|