Randy Pausch ‘Time Management’
A Lecture made on the 27th of November 2007.
Here are five points which I think made the lecture effective and enjoyable.
- The consequences of procrastination and the amount of time we waste, was a particularly effective point he made; putting effort to deal with problems earlier will reduce stress and will improve quality of life.
- Time being compared to money and asking how much a person is worth an hour gave time an interesting perspective. People are careful with spending their money but not their time, yet which is ultimately more valuable.
- Planning is very important as well as having clear goals, so you can always know why you are doing this.
- Randy Pausch's interactivity with the audience, such as asking questions, and being able to tell jokes while still sticking to the point, allows him to keep entertaining his audience while still sending his message across clearly.
- It is important to also keep yourself inspired, "If you can dream it, you can do it" a quote by Walt Disney.
Randy Pausch's 'Time Management lecture video'
Programming Languages and Verification
Math in Computer Science
My Course Plan