16-311 Introduction to Robotics
Team D Members: Adit Namdev, Myles Blodnick, Joseph Gu
Description of Project
- When the ball is dropped, it falls into a funnel which leads the ball onto a track.
- While the ball goes down this track, it pushes a lever that is using the Lego turntable.
- The ball then continues down the tracks and into a cup that is acting as an elevator.
- The lever that the ball pushed (2) then pulls out a tissue that is preventing sand from falling out of a cup.
- The sand then falls into a suspended cup. Once the suspended cup reaches a certain weight, it pulls down the counterweight for the elevator.
- The counterweight then pulls up the elevator the ball is currently in.
- At a certain height the cup tips the ball into a track. As the ball rolls down the track, it knocks a second lodged ball and then continues to roll into a slingshot pouch.
- The second ball that was knocked then rolls down a different track and sets off a mousetrap.
- The mousetrap then releases the slingshot, sending the initial ball into the air and then into the landing zone.
- Ball pushes lever (2) (BALL)
- Lever removes a tissue that is preventing sand from pouring from a cup (4)
- Suspended cups unlodges counterweight (5)
- Counterweight then pulls up the cup with the ball in it (6) (BALL)
- Initial ball knocks second ball out of place (7) (BALL)
- Second ball sets off mousetrap (8)
- Mousetrap releases slingshot with the initial ball in it (9) (BALL)