Robotics and Artifical Intelligence
- How do you define AI?
When the human intellegence is simulated using machines then that phenomenon is called Artificial Intelligence also known as AI.
- Can you name at least three different sub-fields of AI?
There are many sub fields of AI.These are some of the most significant ones:
AI has been around since about 70 years so far. Why is it booming right now?
- Machine Learning.
There are many reasons for AI to boom in present day and age. These are some of the most significant ones:
These are few of the reasons for which I think there is a huge boom in AI.
Can you name at least three application sectors where robots are being largely employed? What are the reasons?
- Cheaper and Faster Computing Power:In the earlier days, there were limitations in computing power which restricted the development of AI.
Computing power is only getting more powerful as time progresses. According to Moore’s law – “The number of transistors on a microchip doubles every two years, though the cost of computers is halved”. Therefore, not only the computing power is getting better, but it will also be cheaper to utilize which is why the current boom of AI is seen.
- Big Data:As there are huge amount data out there, AI can easily be fed this data in order to solve various problems in the field of agriculture , medicine etc
There are many fields where AI is being implemented.These are some of the most significant ones:
Can you identify three major challenges for a wheeled autonomous robot performing a 24h surveillance task in a large facility? (e.g., something like Mall of Qatar)
- Welding: Safety and to protect the health of the workers.
- Materials Handling: Cost saving
- Assembly: Cost saving and increased output
These are few of the examples for which Ai is being implemented.
- Navigating unmapped environments
- Efficient power source
- Multi functionality
Why Is AI Booming Now? URL