I was born in Medellin, Colombia. I grew up in Barranquilla, Colombia, a city full of colors and dance. When I was 12, my family went back to Medellin, where I finished my high school years. In 2002, I did an internship semester at the Computer Science Department in the University of Chile, Santiago, working as a research assistant for Professor Ricardo Baeza-Yates. I got a Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering from EAFIT University in 2004 and a Specialization degree in Information Systems Auditing from the same university in 2008. I worked from 2002 to 2010 at Bancolombia Bank, one of the biggest banks in Latin-America. I am currently studying at the Information Networking Institute at Carnegie Mellon University, I am in the bi-coastal program MSIT-IS (Master in Information Technology / Information Security). My expected graduation date is December 2011.
To develop my potential through a full time job as an information security consultant, analyzing information technology risks and assessing security controls for information assurance and compliance.
- To manage clients relationships as a technology consultant to help them to enhance their businesses by using secure and cutting-edge technology while complying with current regulations and laws.
- To work on the development of new technologies in Latin-America, focused in projects where information security is a critical factor.
Academic areas of interest
- Information security and assurance
- Information systems auditing
- Security policies and procedures
- IT Governance
- Risk Analysis
- IT Compliance
- Luz Adriana Jaramillo O. Resume
- An article about my summer internship at EY NY - Two INI Students Make the Most of Summer at Ernst & Young
- One of my previous projects: COBIT Case Study: Grupo Bancolombia Implements COBIT to Help Ensure Compliance and Improve Processes