- PFTL PhD student Jeremiah Mpagazehe was awarded the Carnegie
Mellon mechanical engineering department's "Best TA" award for the Fall 2009
& Spring 2010 semesters
- PFTL welcomes a new PhD student Gagan Srivastava to the lab
with a focus on computational fluid dynamics (CFD), multiphase CFD, and with
extensive consulting experience involving some use of ANSYS FEM.
- Nine PFTL undergraduate researchers will graduate on May 15.
- Prof. C. Fred Higgs III has been selected to receive the 2010 ASME Burt L. Newkirk Award, which is for an individual under the age of 40 "who made a notable contribution to the field of tribology in research or development as evidenced by important tribology publications."
- Sean Coleman , a PFTL undergraduate researcher, was a finalist in the “Meeting of the Minds” which is a school-wide research fair for Carnegie Mellon undergraduates. He won for his work entitled “Analysis and Modeling of Granular Particle Flows – A GPU-Based Approach“, which is a parallel approach to digital particle tracking velocimetry.
- Ryan Comes, a PFTL undergraduate alumnus, the first students to publish a first author journal article based on his PFTL undergraduate research, has won the NDSEG Fellowship.
- Martin Marinack Jr., a PFTL PhD student, was awarded the NSF Graduate Student Research Fellowship.
- Prof. C. Fred Higgs III was named The Clarence H. Adamson Career Faculty Fellow in Mechanical Engineering.
- Prof. C. Fred Higgs III and his wife Terese welcome their 1st child Taylor into the world.
- Jeremiah Mpagazehe, a PFTL PhD student, was awarded the NASA GSRP Fellowship with the NASA Glenn Research Center.
- The PFTL welcomes a new member of the family, Dr. Hojjat Nasr, who is a new postdoctoral research associate. He received his PhD from Clarkson University under Dr. Ahmadi
- Former PFTL PhD student, Emmanuel Wornyoh, starts his new faculty position at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee in the mechanical engineering department.
Former PFTL PhD student, Elon Terrell, starts his new faculty position at Columbia University in the mechanical engineering department