Floris van Doorn
I am currently a third year Ph.D. student in the Philosophy Department
at Carnegie Mellon University.
My advisor is Jeremy Avigad and I am also working together with Steve Awodey. I am enrolled in the Pure and Applied Logic program.
I previously studied at the Utrecht University in the Netherlands
where I received a B.Sc. in Mathematics, a B.Sc. in Physics and a M.Sc. in Mathematics.
My master thesis is Explicit convertibility proofs in Pure Type Systems
supervised by Freek Wiedijk at the Radboud University Nijmegen. I was also trainer for the Dutch Mathematical Olympiad. Full CV (pdf).
I'm currently working on homotopy type theory, interested in higher inductive types, and working on the constrution of complicated higher inductive types using simple ones.
I'm also involved in the development of the new proof assistant Lean which is developed by Leo de Moura at Microsoft Research. I've contributed to the standard library, and I'm the main contributor of the HoTT library. I'm also the main contributor of the Spectral Sequence project, formalizing the Serre Spectral sequence in HoTT.
I'm interested in mathematical logic in general, and particularly in type theory, category theory and set theory.
- Ulrik Buchholtz, Floris van Doorn, Jakob von Raumer. Homotopy Type Theory in Lean, submitted to the 8th International Conference on Interactive Theorem Proving (ITP), 2017. (Lean-HoTT library (Github), Spectral repository (Github), arXiv)
- Floris van Doorn. Constructing the Propositional Truncation using Non-recursive HITs, Certified Proofs and Programs (CPP), 2016. (Lean source (Github), arXiv, slides)
- Leonardo de Moura, Soonho Kong, Jeremy Avigad, Floris van Doorn, Jakob von Raumer. The Lean Theorem Prover (system description), International Conference on Automated Deduction (CADE-25), 2015.
- Cody Roux and Floris van Doorn. The Structural Theory of
Pure Type Systems, Types and Lambda Calculi and Applications (TLCA), 2014. (slides)
- Floris van Doorn, Herman Geuvers, Freek Wiedijk, Explicit Convertibility Proofs in Pure Type Systems, Logical Frameworks and Meta-Languages: Theory and Practice (LFMTP), 2013. (Coq formalization, slides)
Talks corresponding to one of my papers are listed under Publications.
- On the Formalization of Higher Inductive Types and Synthetic Homotopy Theory, prospectus defense, May 2017. slides, prospectus.
- The Lean-HoTT library and the smash product, March 2017, MURI meeting at CMU. slides (slides were only for half of the talk).
- Eilenberg-MacLane spaces in Homotopy Type Theory, March 2017, ASL 2017 North American meeting. slides.
- Homotopy Type Theory in Lean, July 2016, ICMS. slides.
- Homotopy Type Theory in Lean, June 2016, HoTT/UF Workshop colocated with FSCD. slides.
- Reducing higher inductive types to quotients, May 2016, HoTT Workshop in Toronto. slides.
- The Lean Theorem Prover and Homotopy Type Theory (with Jeremy Avigad), May 2016, HoTT Workshop in Toronto. slides.
- The Lean-HoTT library and HITs in Lean, March 2016, MURI meeting at CMU. slides (slides were only for half of the talk).