Herein you will find the rules our family uses for the game of 10000
This is an easy dice game that can be played with any number of folks of any age, so long as one is able to do simple addition/subtraction. It is a variation of the game Dix Mille, thought I'm the first in the family to know that.
Round TotalThe sum of all scoring dice, subject to being lost by rolling no scoring dice.
Game TotalThe sum of all round totals.
On the BoardHaving scored a 750 or more point round total. You must be "on the board" before you can start contributing to your game total.
Lost ItHappens when your roll has no non scoring combinations. Your round total becomes 0, and your turn ends.
Went Backhaving rolled a round total which would make the game total exceed 10000
- Win by scoring 10000 exactly
- Role all non scoring Dice.
- If you role and have no scoring combinations, you "lost it" (your round total) and your turn.
- If you have scoring dice, you may set them aside (adding the score to the round total) and contine rolling. N.B. In our family's games, You must keep all 1s and "three or more" of a kinds. 5s may be rerolled so long as there are other scoring dice kept out.
- You may end your turn and add the round total to your game total so long as you have non scoring dice.
- Before you start contributing to your game score, you need to get "on the board" by rolling at least 750 points in a single round.
- If your round plus game score ever exceeds 10000 and you have at least one non scoring die, you subtract your round score from your game score
|1s||100|| = 100 points
|5s||50|| = 50 points
|Three 1s||1000|| = 1000 points
|Other Three of a kind||#*100|| = 200 points
|Four of a kind||Three of a kind value *2|| = 2*300 = 600 points
|Five of a kind||Three of a kind value *4|| 4*400 = 1600 points
|Low Straight||1250|| = 1250 points
|High Straight||Nothing special, score the 5 only for 50 points|| = 50 points