Thermal Management Using PCM-Based Heat Sinks
This is a website encapsulating the work we've done for our 18-743 project in which we research the feasibility and applicability of phase change materials with regards to cooling computation platforms. A summary of our work can be found below, along with some easter eggs.
- McPAT Parser - A script for converting JSON files output by McPAT into ptrace files readable by HotSpot.
- Add Column - A Matlab function for adding columns of 0's when McPAT fails to output them.
- Temp Averager - A python script for averaging the temperature of the chip units into one temperature.
- Kelvin-to-Fahrenheit - A script for converting from Kelvin to Fahrenheit.
- McPAT per-unit Power - An example power output over time from McPAT.
- Power Trace - An example power trace file for use in HotSpot. Output by McPAT parser.
- Heatmap - An example heatmap of our Nehalem CPU running a benchmark.
- Temperature Trace - An example temperature trace file output by HotSpot.
The Groundhog Function
Elon's 15-110 Project from Freshman Year