I am a Graduate Student at Carnegie Mellon University pursuing a Master's in Electrical and Computer Engineering with an anticipated graduation date of December 2017. I am currently interning with the Storage Cloud, part of the infrastructure team at Salesforce, and am seeking full time positions in the Software Engineering starting January 2018. I seek to leverage my skills, experience gained through internships and my graduate coursework to pursue a career in the fields of Application Development, Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems.
Prior to joining ECE at CMU, I completed my undergraduate at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, India, where I majored in Electronics and Communication Engineering(ECE). I am also passionate about extra-curricular activities. During undergraduate, I cofounded a student organization and worked in diverse leadership roles on various occasions. I also have worked as a volunteer on multiple occasions in the fields of Child Education, Environment Conservation, and Computer Literacy.
I am available for contact any time through email(firstname.lastname@example.org).
Keywords/Skills - Algorithms, Amazon Web Services, Application Development, Bash, Cloud Computing, Distributed Systems, Django, Docker, Git, Google Cloud Platform, Hadoop, Hbase, Infrastructure engineering, Microsoft Azure, MongoDB, Multilingual programming(C, C++, Java, Python), MapReduce, MySQL, REST APIs, Technology, Web Development.
Masters of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering • 3.83/4
Graduating December 2017
I am specializing in Cloud Computing, Distributed Systems and Application Development.
• Cloud Computing - 15619
• Mobile and IoT Computing - 08781
• Data Structures using Java - 08722
• Web Application Development - 15637
• Foundations of Computer Systems - 18600
• Introduction to Hardware Security - 18632
• Building Reliable Distributed Systems (Fall 2017)
• Introduction to Information Security (Fall 2017)
• Distributed Systems (Fall 2017)
Bachelors of Technology in Electronics and Communication • 80.01/100
Graduated July 2016
I completed my Bachelor of Technology from University School of Information and Communication Technology, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi in 2016. During the course, I was consistently ranked among the top 10 students in the department.
I held the following leadership roles during the course of my study :
• Founding Member, Web Design & Development Head; ConnectUSS(Official e-Newsletter)
• Core Team Member, Web Head & Event Head; InfoXpression(Annual Techno Festival)
• Program Coordinator, Creative Team; Anugoonj ‘15(Annual Cultural Festival)
• Coordinator, PR & Social Media Team; Sports Meet 2014
Graduate Teaching Assistant • August 2017 - Present
Worked as a Teaching Assistant for the course, Cloud Computing (15619).
Software Engineering Intern • May 2017 - August 2017
Interned with Storage Cloud, part of the Infrastructure Team.
• Working on a tool which allows users to verify and monitor configurations of individual nodes in a cluster using a centralized end point.
• Developed the tool to allow for diagnosis of configuration changes among the individual nodes in the cluster using a REST API.
• Designed the tool to automatically check for any changes in the cluster, report them to a central server and log the changes.
Graduate Teaching Assistant • January 2017 - May 2017
• Worked as a Teaching Assistant for the course, Rapid Prototyping of Computer Systems.
• Responsible for helping students with projects, guiding class discussions and supervising teams of students.
Trainee • June 2015 - August 2015
• Performed a survey and review of the various stakeholders, entities and the equipment involved in and utilized by the Signaling and Tele-communication Department.
• Compiled and summarized the mechanism of communication throughout the track circuit, the various stations and the hubs.
Intern • May 2015 - July 2015
Interned with the eMigrate Team at Tata Consultancy Services, India.
• Upgraded and optimized the design of the website leading to creation of a better user experience and increased site performance
• Implemented login functionality throughout the website resulting in increased user and data security.
Summer Trainee • June 2014 - August 2014
Underwent industrial training in Embedded Systems, Embedded C, Robotics & IBM Rational. Involved conception and development of practical real life applications using the technologies. The training was performed under the IBM Career Education Programme.
Feb 2017 – May 2017
• Developed a complete web service which processes a very large Twitter tweet dataset to return specific information.
• Used Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure for doing ETL on the dataset and filtering redundant and malformed data.
• Used Amazon Web Services to automate load distribution and scaling through use of Elastic Load Balancers and Auto-Scaling groups.
• Used Undertow and Java Servlets to create a lightweight and scalable front end server with connection pooling. Utilized HBase and MySQL to store the dataset.
• Optimized the infrastructure for performance to achieve maximum Requests per Second (RPS)
• Technologies - AWS, Azure, GCP, Hadoop MapReduce, HBase, Java, Java Servlets, MySQL, Undertow
• Used Apache Spark to iteratively process Twitter Social Graph. Ranked users based on their influence using PageRank's For-Loop solver method to calculate their influence.
• Used GraphX to further improve the ranking by including 2nd Degree influential score.
• Technologies - AWS EC2, Apache Spark, GraphX
• Developed a distributed storage system consisting of 3 data stores and 3 front ends to store and serve key-value pairs.
• Used replication to ensure fast access times and data redundancy, and sharding to distribute load horizontally, allowing for greater number of parallel accesses.
• Implemented the system using both strong and eventual consistency modes. Tested performance and system response to compare the two modes and their limitations.
• Technologies - AWS EC2, AWS ELB, Hadoop MapReduce, Java, Multithreading
Jan 2017 – Feb 2017
• Filtered and processed the Wikipedia traffic log for November 2016 using Hadoop Streaming to analyze the access and search trends.
• Utilized AWS Elastic Map-Reduce, to process the dataset and correlate most viewed articles with events that sparked their popularity.
• Technologies - AWS EC2, Amazon EMR(Elastic Map Reduce), AWS S3, Hadoop Map-Reduce
Member • Mar 2017 – Present
Co-Founder & Former Web Head • Aug 2014 – May 2015
Lead the development of the website, collaborated with other departments and managed the overall functioning of the organization.
Core Team Member & Web Development Head • Nov 2014 – Apr 2015
Organized the techno-cultural fest by getting sponsorships, customizing proposals, developing marketing and logistics strategy.
Program Coordinator, Creative Team • Nov 2014 – Feb 2015
Coordinated and supervised the design and development of the Official Website & Mobile Applications.
Web Design & Development Head • 2014 – 2015
Supervised a team in development and maintenance of the website, increasing the outreach of the initiative. Taught basic English and mathematics to children in need.
Coordinator, Creative Team • Feb 2014
Was a member of the web design & development team and the webmaster for the website.
109/120 • Oct 2015
332/340 • Aug 2015
99.61 Percentile • Nov 2015
Ranked in top 0.4 percentile among 180,000+ applicants for the National Management Entrance Test. Secured admission offers from Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta and IIFT Delhi.
It is considered a distinctive honor to be recognized as a member of Eta Kappa Nu at Carnegie Mellon. Only the top one-fourth of juniors, one-third of seniors and select graduate students are offered admission to Eta Kappa Nu through Sigma Chapter