Philip Lewis *
"You say that my way of thinking cannot be tolerated? What of it? The man
who alters his way of thinking to suit others is a fool. My way of thinking
is the result of my reflections. It is part of my inner being, the way I am
made. I do not contradict them, and would not even if I wished to. For my
system, which you disapprove of, is also my greatest comfort in life, the
source of all my happiness --- it means more to me than my life itself."
--- Count Donatien Alphonse Francois de Sade
"My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievements as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute."
--- Ayn Rand
Hi there and welcome to my home page!
Let me tell you a little about myself. I live in Pittsburgh PA. (a nice place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit...unless, of course, you are visiting someone who lives here..) I work in Oakland for the Test Monitoring Center. We are the people who set the standards for oil in the the industry... You know "This oil meets or exceeds so and so standards...."
Warning... I'm strange. Well at least not normal. Guess what, I'm proud of the fact. BTW... I use alot of ellipses when I write. oh, and if you cannot think of more than one way to spell something, then you lack imagination. (paraphrased from Ben Franklin)
I believe people are people, not some conglomeration of race, gender, religion, whatever. If nothing else, people are their philosophy, and i enjoy hearing about them. Mine is summed up with different phrases in different religions. "Do as thou will, an it harm none" is basically the same as "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you". (Of course, what if you are a masochist?) Tell me about your thoughts.
- People in my life
- I help with a medieval web page for the local group of the Society of Creative Anachronisms (SCA) which is a Medieval recreation group. I am interested/involved with dancing, singing, recorder, drums, garbmaking (sewing in general), cooking, and several other aspects
- Origami is an interest of mine
- I like a band called Boiled in Lead. they take old folk songs and rock them up.
(or new rock songs and folk them down....)
- along those lines... i like most folk music. and filk too!
- As music goes, I prefer oldies, and REAL oldies (early music, pre 1700 for the most part) There are a few exceptions
- I am against black rights, womens rights, gay rights, hispanic rights, handicapped rights, and all other rights less one: Human rights. No group should get any special treatment. A human is a human, everyone should be judged by their abilities, and if they are not, the judge will be the worse for it.
Disinterests (and gripes and such):
- Everyone likes to complain about the weather.
- I don't care much for sports (I'll play them... but i am most definatly not a spectator)
- I don't care for people who are too stupid to live. These people bring lawsuits because they didn't know that: "Coffee is hot!", "Do not place ladder on inward opening surfaces", or "Do not use lawnmower to trim hedges". I think the judge in this case should be able to determine that these people are, indeed, too stupid to live, and take actions from there.
- I find violation of personal property to be a truely dispicable crime. These people should get what they have comming. If the homeowner shoots them, or they slip on a rollerskate, or whatever... so be it. I think the jurors who have allowed cases where a person is hurt while commiting a crime to side with the criminal should be judged "Too stupid to live"
- 50000 cars fit through the tunnels here in Pittsburgh every day, your's will too! Even at the speed limit!
- automasohomonymphonecropyropedosadobestial tracheosodomy is definatly not an interest of mine.
* The geek formerly known as Philip Cutone
Finger me for more info.
Updated 20061228 mail comments to firstname.lastname@example.org